Rajappan & Meyer Consulting Engineers, Inc. (R&M), established in 1994, is a specialized transportation project development, engineering, and design firm headquartered in San Jose, California with offices in Irvine and Oakland. R&M provides consulting services to cities, counties, state organizations, and private corporations throughout California to develop and design highway and street projects. R&M provides complete in-house expertise in project management, transportation engineering, interchange and roadway planning and design, and a specialized expertise in Caltrans project development and design procedures, preparation of Project Study Reports, Project Reports, Environmental Document Management and PS&E.
A wide range of capabilities allows us to be involved in all phases of project work, from initial planning, feasibility studies, financing plans, design plans and contract document preparation.
R&M has 30 professional staff organized into three civil engineering and one structural design teams. All of these departments are headed by professionals with two to four decades of professional experience. All the design principals have worked with R&M for 12-20 years, resulting in a tremendous carry-through of knowledge from project to project.
Strengths: - Consultant Team Management - PID and PA/ED Management
- Project Management and Reporting - HOV and HOT Lane Design
- Freeway and Interchange Geometric Design - Traffic Operations Analysis
- Hydrology and Drainage Studies and Design - Utility Coordination and Relocation
- Cost Estimates and Scheduling - Public Involvement Support
- Traffic Signal Design - Stage Construction Planning
- PID (PSR-PDS) and PR Preparation - Structural Engineering and Design
- Retaining/MSE Wall Design - PS&E Preparation
- Funding Applications - Design Exceptions and Fact Sheets
20 Years of Engineering Excellence !